Thursday, February 17

Valentijn

Tom has to give lectures this semester every Tuesday, classes in the morning, lab in the afternoon. So every weekend (not the whole weekend), plus Monday night he is working full tilt. So on Valentine’s day, with my permission. He brought me lots of chocolates and the sweet request to celebrate and have dinner on another day instead. Of course my love … after a kiss he left working. It inspired me to write a poem for him. That my valantine’s gift, my poem and my respect.


I’m embraced by a big wave,

Taken into the deep waters,

Without fear nor regret,

For a wildlife journey

With a master reporter,

Science has to save this life,

Protection will act upon.

Beauty needs to be discorved,

Hidden in the heart of the reef,

You will show all of them,

And I will be proud.


Tom geeft dit semester elke dinsdag les. In de voormiddag lessen, in de namiddag labo. Dus elk weekend (niet het hele weekend), plus maandagnacht werkt hij volop. Dus ook op valentijn, met mijn toestemming. Hij bracht me chocolade me en de lieve vraag om oets te gaan uit eten op een andere dag. Natuurlijk mijn liefste … na een kus moest hij terug werken. Het gaf me inspiratie voor een gedicht. Dat was mijn valentijn cadeau, mijn gedicht en mijn respect.


Ik ben omarmd door een grote golf,

Meegenomen naar de diepte van de zee,

Zonder angst noch spijt

Voor een natuurtocht

Met een meester reporter,

De wetenschap moet dit leven redden,

Bescherming zal geschieden.

Schoonheid moet ondekt worden,

Verborgen in het hart van het rif,

Je zal het hen tonen,

En ik zal trots zijn.

No comments:

Post a Comment