Wednesday, October 7

First day at the beach

Big waves of happiness wash over me,

Only the bottom edge of my skirt touches the ocean,

I laugh as if somebody tickles my feet,

Is the seething ocean or my sons and my dear Tom?

My daughter sleeps close to me,

She feels warm and secure,

A blessed contrast, an intense happiness.


Grote golven van geluk overspoelen me,

Enkel de onderrand van mijn rok raakt de zee,

Ik lach alsof iemand aan mijn voeten kriebelt,

Is het de bruisende zee of mijn zonen en mijn lieve Tom?

Mijn dochter slaapt tegen me aan,

Ze voelt warm en geboren,

een zalig contrast, een intens geluk.




1 comment:

  1. Dear Else
    I love love love your new blog with all of the beautiful pictures. Congratulations to you and Tom for having such a gorgeous family :) Cannot wait to see you.

    ReplyDelete